4.13.2016

I was sitting around watching the Fellini movie, "La Dolce Vita" and it reminded me of this photograph...

©1985 Kirk Tuck, All Rights Reserved.

.... It was taken on a vaporetto in Venice on a cold day in April of 1985. I paused the movie and headed out to the office to see if I could find the slide. I did.


I was too lazy to scan it so I set up my copy stand and shot a copy with the a6300, using a Nikon 55mm macro lens with an adapter. I used a Fotodiox LED as a light box.

This shot was taken with a 35mm Minox camera. 35mm lens. f2.8. Kodachrome 64. Amazing what was possible with such "primitive" equipment....

comments most  welcome.


3 comments:

Russ said...

Love this shot! So many different and interesting expressions. The guy with the trench coat is wonderful. The guy to the right looks bemused. The young lady looks a bit startled. IMO, the mark of a good street shot is an image that takes more than a glance to reveal all of its treasures.

Anonymous said...

MY FAVORITE STREET PHOTOGRAPHY IMAGE EVER.

Anonymous said...

Love this photo from the vaporetto...cool!
robert