8.13.2015

Renae in the leather chair. Studio at 500 San Marcos Street. Hasselblad, Hasselblad, Hasselblad. Click directly on the image to see it unencumbered.


I know how I'm supposed to do the blog but I got bored with it and decided to post something big and beautiful. This is Renae who transitioned over the years from one of the smartest women I've ever met into the world's best mom (after Belinda, of course). I adore this photo of her because her expression is wonderful and the chair I chose is perfect. The take-away? Work with the smartest and most creative people you can find and always find a great chair. Background matters in photos.

Thanks, Kirk

3 comments:

G Gudmundsson said...

This is a very beautiful portrait ...

Joe Reed said...

I rarely comment but today I just wanted to say that I read every one of your blog posts. I enjoy learning about your working life as a professional photographer and the range of gear you use (yes, even lighting stuff). Although I have a degree in graphic design/photography, I spent my working days peddling drugs (the legal kind) but I never lost my love of design or photography. So, thanks for sharing your words and photographs.

crsantin said...

Wonderful.